Definition:The list contains quantified medicinal products which are required for minor ailments and do not require stringent medical supervision.
Purpose of creation of such list of medicines:
This is in line with the Health and Safety policy of the Labour and Employment Act of Bhutan 2007.
Approved List of Medicines for First Aid Kit as of 2012
|Sl. No.||Medicines||Approved Indications|
|1.||Albendazole 400mg||Routine de-worming|
|2.||Aceclofenac 100mg, 200mg||Musculo-skeletal pain|
|3.||Diclofenac gel||Musculo-skeletal pain|
|4.||Paracetamol 500mg||Symptomatic treatment of pain|
|5.||Chewable Antacid||Hyperacidity/gastric pain|
|6.||Ibuprofen 400mg||Musculo-skeletal pain|
|7.||Promethazine 10mg||Allergy symptoms, motion sickness|
|8.||Cetirizine 10mg||Allergy symptoms|
|9.||Chlorpheniramine 4mg||Allergy symptoms|
|10.||Pheniramine 25mg||Allergy symptoms|
|11.||Vitamin B complex||Nutritional supplements/vitamin. B deficiency disorders|
|12.||Vitamin C 250mg||Vitamin C deficiency disorders|
|13.||Multivitamins||Nutritional supplements/vitamin deficiency disorders|
|14.||Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS)||Dehydration|
|15.||Metoclopramide 10mg||Symptomatic treatment of nausea and vomiting|
|16.||Povidone Iodine/Betadine||Wound dressing|
|17.||Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Eye Drops||Artificial tears for dryness of eyes|
|18.||Methylcellulose Eye Drops||Artificial tears for dryness of eyes|
|19.||Silver Nitrate gel 0.2%||Dressing of minor cuts and burns|
|20.||Silver Sulphadiazine Cream||Treatment of minor cuts and burns|
|21.||Methyl Salicylate Ointment||Topical application for musculo-skeletal pain|
|22.||Calamine Lotion||Topical application for symptomatic allergy|
|25.||Strepsils||Sore throat/cold symptoms|
|26.||Lozenges||Sore throat/cold symptoms|
|27.||Pain Balms||Topical application for pain management|
Conditions:Note:This list do not include dressing materials (cotton, bandages, gauze) which are not regulated as of now. Please see over leaf for conditions related to the First Aid medicines
- The above medicines do not include parenterals (injectables) dosage forms.
- The quantity of such medicines shall be restricted to maximum of one month dose for an individual. (i.e no. of workers/staff one month dose) at one time of stocking/purchase.
- There shall be an identified focal person for handling/dispensing above medicines at the site which can be contacted at any time by the Authority in case of withdrawal of medicines or adverse drug events or for provision of drug information.
- The focal person for these medicines shall adhere to the storage conditions of the medicines (i.e below 28 degree Celsius) if not specified on the manufacturer’s label.
- These medicines shall be registered and hence shall be procured from the registered Pharmacy retailers and wholesalers listed on DRA’s websitewww.dra.gov.bt